Living Somatics Movement Teacher Training
Brian Siddhartha Ingle and Deirdre Mullins
29th - 31st May, 3rd - 5th July & 9th, 10th & 11th October 2020
The Ingle Institute for Somatic Education presents this brand new Living Somatics Movement Teacher Training. Completion of this training leads to qualification as an Embodied Movement Teacher.
The focus of this training is to understand and embody the learning strategies and principles of somatic education based on the work of late somatic pioneers Thomas Hanna and Moshe Feldenkrais. This training will enable the student to competently teach a whole range of full movement lessons, offering ways to improve functional movement and eliminate pain.
"If you can sense it and feel it, you can change it" - Thomas Hanna
What this TTC covers
• Somatic Movement lessons: You will learn a series of Embodied Movement lessons, each lesson with a unique design and outcome for improvement of a specific functional intent.
• Learning a daily practice of Somatic movements, know as the Cat Stretch.
• The learning strategies and principles to be able to teach the movement lessons.
• Understanding how we respond to stress and it's effects within somatic body patterns (green light, red light and trauma reflexes).
• Assessment of these Somatic habituations through observation in standing and walking.
• Application of “pandiculation”, the technique coined and developed by Thomas Hanna, to restore easy fluid movement.
• Sensory motor amnesia (SMA) and why it is the most common cause of chronic pain in our muscles and joints.
• Learn how Somatic Education can help with the effects of stress, trauma, accidents and injuries.
• The core Clinical hands on lessons of Thomas Hanna's Somatics will be demonstrated.
• Somatic philosophy and history.
• Functional anatomy and neurophysiology as it applies to Somatics.
• Continued education online in-between segments.
• Mentor support throughout the course.
This training is open to all who wish to experience and learn more about Living Somatics and it's practical application. This work has been appreciated by professionals such as movement teachers, yoga instructors, physiotherapists, osteopaths, doctors, counsellors, psychotherapists, mindfulness trainers, life coaches, massage therapists and others.
If you would like a more detailed prospectus or have any questions you would like answered please contact Deirdre at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Living Somatics
Living Somatics is a system of neuromuscular re-education and a movement awareness practice. This work teaches us to recognise and release holding patterns and chronic pain resulting from injury, stress, repetitive strain and habituated posture.
The method is based on the somatic tradition of Thomas Hanna, a student of Moshe Feldenkrais. In the spirit of this tradition, the primary focus of this work is to empower clients to master their own self-healing capacities. We work with principles that improve the function of the nervous system, which creates free and easy movement.
Somatic exercises are slow, mindful movements mostly done lying down. In this work the principles are primary, focusing on finding ease and quality movement. Somatics pertains to the first-person experience and addresses the whole Soma; mind-body-spirit as one unit. This method teaches us how to use movement and awareness to increase wellbeing, health and access our greater potential.
Segment 1: 29th - 31st May 2020 Segment 2: 3rd - 5th July 2020
Segment 3: 9th, 10th & 11th October 2020
Teaching hours are between 9.30am - 5.30pm, with a break for lunch.
Full price €1850
- this can be paid in installments, please contact us to discuss
Early Bird price €1500
- available until 31st March 2020 (only when paid in full)
Includes 9-day training, online resources, mentoring, assessment and evaluation.
Payment will be refunded only if your place can be filled from the waiting list. An administration fee of €30 will be deducted.
In addition to the in-house training you will receive:
– A course book covering written out lectures and movement lessons in an “easy-to-teach-from” table format.
– Online audio recordings of the movement lessons.
– Access to a mentor between segments who offers practical guidance on the application of Somatics.
– Meetings with a mentor and mentor group to discuss questions and progress on assignments.
Required Reading: Somatics: Reawakening the Mind's Control of Movement, Flexibility and Health by Thomas Hanna
What to bring
2 x thick blankets
1 yoga mat
1 small pillow
Venue and Travel
Yogamoves is in a small town on the west of Ireland called Gort. It lies between Galway, Clare and Limerick. Gort has some great restaurants and cafes, our favourite being the Gallery Cafe across the road in the square. Accommodation options tend to be cheaper here than in the surrounding bigger cities and we get away with free parking.
For people travelling, there are a few accommodation options.
O Sullivan’s Hotel, The Lady Gregory, Woodley Bnb or there is also lots of Air BnB options in or close to the town. Just let us know you are interested in this option and we can help advise.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org